if its not yummy, then we better make it funny.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

New Day

I recently wrote this poem:



Driver


On this everyday road
I see the carriage start to jar.
The horses that have pulled me for years act up.
It's normal, I guess.
I take a moment to consider,
Thank Goodness.

I can take these loyal, haggard beasts and let them loose
to run where they will and eat sweet grass.
I take these tired animals off the job.
They need not be weary and afraid anymore.


I can choose new ones to drive me.
I decide today.
I pick tigers.
Brave, strong characters.
Velour on muscle.

Their beauty fuels me.
Their beauty is me.

I leash them into ornate leather holds,
softened from age,
giving them encouragement and thanks.
They are eager to take me gracefully
back onto this everyday road.

1 comment:

  1. Great poem -finding your inner tiger. Life is too short to stand around and wait for someone else to help us- get those tigers out there pulling the cart! luv it :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you know?