if its not yummy, then we better make it funny.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Autumn is welcome





I am usually surprised at how I think I am not ready fro the next season, but by the time it really sets in I welcome it. I have 'lost' two summers since we started the New Zealand adventure four years ago. I mean that we left one sunny hemisphere for a wintery one. I will have to pick up those seasons some day, but for now, fall with it's crickets chirping and earlier sunsets and the need for the cozy bedding again feels nice.

My baking class went well and had 10 students in all. We had pleasant weather and the group was about half men and half women. We used the wood fired oven and made doughs to bake the next day. Sourdough is such a personal artform. A lot of things work for a lot of different people. It was nice to have a spiffed up house and some nice refreshments. Many of the participants were from the Slow foods Waitakere group.

Here are some photos of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you know?