if its not yummy, then we better make it funny.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Moving On

It has been a harrowing winter for me here in New Zealand. Two years of uncertain domestic life have taken a toll. New Zealanders are not as inclusive as I am used to, and that has also been hard. There are warm and open humans everywhere, though, and the best way to find them is to be one. You just have to get over the unsuccessful attempts to connect and learn to laugh at things.
Ive been on my own with the kids for about a month with sporadic visits from Jordan. I find it appealing to be independent at this time. I have some nice poems that my students at the Panmure library (ages 10-13) created that I will post soon. I have some significant writing tasks due within the next week and a half.

I went to a delightful party the other night and met some of the more dynamic residents of Kare kare. It was in a glorified cement bunker, recording studio/lofty home. The man who was having the party was Nigel, who was celebrating his 50th and 25 years in the recording industry. He produced Crowded House's Together Alone album as well as some projects with Pearl Jam. There were some great pyrotechnics and theatrical costumed dancing as well as some neat exotic tee pees and other living features. It was great to get out. I have been doing chef work, for extra money, and that's been nice, too. Procrastination needs curbing now, good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you know?