if its not yummy, then we better make it funny.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Butterscotch Sauce

When I was little I would occasionally get caught with a big soup spoon in front of the refrigerator with a jar of this in my hand and a guilty (but happy) look on my face. It's about as bad as it gets, or good, depending on your position, when it comes to the delicious evils of fat and sugar.

1/3/4 cup white corn syrup
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup cream
cook until soft ball stage
add additional 1 cup cream
cook to 218 degrees F

Add 1 teas vanilla

This is exquisite on good vanilla ice cream. If that's not enough try the suggestion on my mom's recipe card:

Serve with butter roasted and salted pecans.
If you have no pecans, I think salted peanuts would do pretty well instead.

Store in fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you know?